14.1.17

CAT NEWS January 14

The week was exciting at least for Pookie and Kim.



As Pookie doesn't go out anymore or sharpens her claws, they became very long. I don't dare to cut them myself so I took her to Aline Kim's groomer. Ever since she is deaf she loves to ride in the car !
On the way back I let her out of the cage and she sits there and looks outside ! The cutting went very quick, and Aline left the dog she was busy with on the table and he barked at Pookie who "smiled" back I guess, she didn't hear anything and of course was not afraid at all.



I love this picture, she looks so young despite her 18 years ! In autumn she will be 19 !



Kim as usual made a big show to get her in the carrier and I was exhausted when I got in the car, but then she behaved like an angel, didn't move although Aline took a rather long phone call and later in the car, she lay down on the back seat and meowed not a word.



Arthur our clown, doesn't know what to do with himself. Now it has also snowed, first he walked along the walls, but now he dares to put his paws in the snow, and uses it as litter box.  He keeps me company on my desk, throws all pencils on the floor, tries to chase his sisters who send him to hell (even Kim) and watches us in the bathroom sitting between the two wash basins. It really looks funny in the mirror to see our three heads !



When the snow was gone Rosie made a little tour in the garden. My fake flowers are blooming ! But it's cold outside and no mousies in view.



So she stays mostly inside and keeps me company when I answer my emails.



That is the first view I have when I open my eyes in the morning !


6 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I'm always surprised at how well Kim behaves at the groomers!

pilch92 said...

Not hearing a dog bark is a benefit to being deaf, I am glad Pookie didn't have to be stressed about it.

Kitties Blue said...

Looks just like home. We all dislike the snow very much, however. We have had one good snow a week ago, but it is now melted and we are very happy for that. Pookie does look like a young cat, just like our Lily, who will be 18 next month. Hope to see one or all of you for selfies tomorrow. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo and Cooper Murphy

Furries said...

It's interesting that Pookie likes the car now that she's deaf. It's amazing how much fur comes out of Kim.
Arthur and Rosie look content to be inside during the cold weather.

Linens and Royals said...

Pookie, you must tell us all your 'how to stay looking so young' secret.

meowmeowmans said...

We're glad Pookie and Kim both did well at the groomer. And Pookie, maybe it's good you couldn't hear that dog. :)

Arthur and Rosie, you always make us smile with your antics!